ShaliMark is a hot applied thermoplastic road marking paint that is widely used for zebra crossing, path dividers, speed breakers and other such road markings. Our brand ShaliMark is a petroleum resin based thermoplastic material, which offers superior weathering resistance and colour stability. Furthermore, the pre-mix and drop-on glass beads ensure long lasting retro-reflectivity. ShaliMark can be easily melt and applied on both asphalt and concrete surface. Also, ShaliMark has excellent wear resistance which ensures long life of the markings.
- Applicable on bitumen and concrete pavement with screed / spray type applicator.
- Applicable on Zebra Crossing, path dividers, speed breakers and other such road markings.
- Outstanding visibility.
- High durability
- Excellent adhesion
- High skid resistance
- Product Stability
- Superior color brilliance
- Fast drying properties
- Environment friendly
- Cost effective
Application methodology :
- Remove dust, flakes, lime, distempers, oil / grease or other foreign particles by jet or dry
- air and clean the surface. Minimize dusting of the material during use.
- Ensure that surface is sound, firm, bone dry.
- Apply ShaliPrime SM in case of concrete roads.
- Add one bag of ShaliMark in pre-heater and allow it to melt.
- Keep on adding ShaliMark one bag at a time and allow it to melt before adding another bag, depending upon the capacity of pre-heater.
- Do not allow temperature to rise beyond 210 oC. Ideally melt ShaliMark between 180 –210 oC.
- Offload the hot melted ShaliMark in application unit and keep on stirring it with in-built stirrer of application unit.
- Mark reference line on surface with nylon rope and chalk prior to application.
- Apply melted ShaliMark within the reference lines by the application unit.
- Type II Drop – On glass beads (BS 6088) shall be dispensed from the in-built dispenser of application unit @ 250- 300 grm/m2 simultaneously.
- Finish lines shall be true to level, uniform and free from streaks.
- If the application can not be done using application unit, approved manual method shall be adopted.
- Proper safety measures shall be taken to ensure smooth progress of work.
Health & Safety :
- Minimize dusting of ShaliMark during use.
- Use goggles, mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
- Clothing while handling the material is recommended.
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
- Do not inhale ShaliMark or fumes, do not ingest.
- Avoid eye contact, if contacted, wash copiously with water.
- Contact of molten product with skin would lead to thermal burns, flush with cold water, do not remove material as it would lead to severe tissue damage.
Packing : Available in 25 kg HDPE bag.
Storage : Keep in cool dry place in air tight place under shed away from heat.
Shelf Life : 12 months in original unopened sealed condition.